November 2, 2020
HSLM pet adoptions, including dogs, cats and small animals, can be scheduled by appointment only. Available pets will be featured on www.hslm.ca and social media platforms. Once an animal becomes adopted, they will be removed from the website.
Please review the revised HSLM COVID-19 Adoption Protocol as outlined below:
- Review animals available for adoption on our website www.hslm.ca
- Submit an online adoption questionnaire by clicking the “Interested in adopting a pet? Click HERE!” button on the HSLM website.
- HSLM receives multiple applications for each animal, please do not contact HSLM to follow up your application. Our Adoption Department will contact you if your application is successful for the next stage of adoption.
- After a phone interview, the Adoption Councillor will invite the potential adopter to meet the adoptable pet during a scheduled appointment. The actual process will be detailed in an email by the Adoption Councillor and sent to the potential adopter once a meeting time has been confirmed.
- Once the visit has been completed, the Adoption Councillor will then make a decision if they feel this will be a good fit for both the adoptable animal and the potential adopter. If the adoption is approved, the adoption fee transaction will be done by credit card only and the adopter will be able to take home the animal along with the HSLM Adoption Package.
HSLM reserves the right to change, alter or cancel this trial adoption protocol at anytime.