Animals Available For Adoption
Adopt a pet and bring a new best friend home
The HSLM website represents all pets available for adoption at the shelter. Pet adoption forms must be submitted in person at the shelter, however you can print and fill out the adoption forms in advance:
- Download Dog/Puppy Adoption Form here
- Download Cat/Kitten Adoption Form here
- Download Small Animal Adoption Form here
Pet surrenders, please call: 519-451-0630 x232 or x233.
- Kittens – $250*
- Cats – $200*
- Senior Cats (+10 years) – $100*
- Puppies – $500*
- Dogs – $400*
- Senior Dogs (+10 years) – $200*
*Includes a $50 non-refundable administration fee
- Rabbit – $50 (includes spay or neuter pending age)**
- Guinea Pig – $25**
- Hamster/Rat/Mouse – $15**
- Budgie – $25**
- Canary – $50**
- Cockatiel – $75**
**Includes a $15 non-refundable administration fee
Adoption fee of a cat or dog includes:
- Spay or neuter (depending on age)
- Flea treatment with revolution
- Initial vaccinations
- Initial de-worming
- Rabies vaccination (depending on age)
- 7 day supply of food
- Any additional tests or treatments will be outlined in the medical record
We accept Interac, Visa or MasterCard.
Our Animal Return Policy
If your new pet animal becomes sick or exhibits behavioural problems within the first fourteen (14) days following adoption, and you are not prepared to take responsibility for associated costs, you may return the animal to us for a refund of the adoption fee. The $15 – $50 non-refundable administration fee paid at the time of adoption will not be reimbursed.
Surrendering A Pet
Please note that an appointment must be made with one of our Adoption Counsellors at 519-451-0630 ext. 233 or ext. 232 before bringing any animal to the shelter.
Click here for more information.