Adopt a pet and bring a new best friend home
HSLM is not open for general inquiry walk-ins regarding pet availability and viewing at the shelter.
HSLM pet adoptions, including dogs, cats and small animals, can be scheduled by appointment only. Available pets will be featured on www.hslm.ca and social media platforms. Once an animal becomes adopted, they will be removed from the website.
Pet surrenders, please call: 519-451-0630 x232.
The HSLM website represents all pets available for adoption at the shelter.
- Kittens – $250*
- Cats – $200*
- Senior Cats (+10 years) – $100*
- Puppies – $500*
- Dogs – $400*
- Senior Dogs (+10 years) – $200*
*Includes a $50 non-refundable administration fee
- Rabbit – $50 (includes spay or neuter pending age)**
- Guinea Pig – $25**
- Hamster/Rat/Mouse – $15**
- Budgie – $25**
- Canary – $50**
- Cockatiel – $75**
**Includes a $15 non-refundable administration fee
Adoption fee of a cat or dog includes:
- Spay or neuter (depending on age)
- Flea treatment with revolution
- Initial vaccinations
- Initial de-worming
- Rabies vaccination (depending on age)
- 30 days of Pet Insurance (some exceptions)
- 7 day supply of food
- Any additional tests or treatments will be outlined in the medical record
HSLM COVID-19 Adoption Protocol:
- Review animals available for adoption on our website
- Submit an online adoption questionnaire by clicking the “Interested in adopting a pet? Click HERE!” button on the HSLM website.
- HSLM receives multiple applications for each animal, please do not contact HSLM to follow up your application. Our Adoption Department will contact you if your application is successful for the next stage of adoption.
- After a phone interview, the Adoption Councillor will invite the potential adopter to meet the adoptable pet during a scheduled appointment. The actual process will be detailed in an email by the Adoption Councillor and sent to the potential adopter once a meeting time has been confirmed.
- Once the visit has been completed, the Adoption Councillor will then make a decision if they feel this will be a good fit for both the adoptable animal and the potential adopter. If the adoption is approved, the adoption fee transaction will be done by credit card only and the adopter will be able to take home the animal along with the HSLM Adoption Package.
HSLM reserves the right to change, alter or cancel this trial adoption protocol at anytime.
We accept Interac, Visa or MasterCard.
If your new pet animal becomes sick or exhibits behavioural problems within the first fourteen (14) days following adoption, and you are not prepared to take responsibility for associated costs, you may return the animal to us for a refund of the adoption fee. The $15 – $50 non-refundable administration fee paid at the time of adoption will not be reimbursed.