Adopt a pet and bring a new best friend home
The HSLM website may not represent all pets available for adoption at the shelter.
To view all of the pets awaiting adoption, please come visit us in person and we’d be happy to introduce you to all our wonderful pet pals.
- Cats and Kittens – $200*
- Senior Cats (+10 years) – $100*
- Dogs & Puppies – $400*
- Senior Dogs (+10 years) – $200*
*Includes a $50 non-refundable administration fee
- Rabbit – $50*
- Guinea Pig – $25*
- Hamster/Rat/Mouse – $25*
- Budgie – $25*
- Canary – $50*
- Cockatiel – $75*
*Includes a $15 non-refundable administration fee
Adoption fee of a cat or dog includes:
- Spay or neuter (depending on age)
- Flea treatment with revolution
- Initial vaccinations
- Booster vaccinations as required
- Initial de-worming
- Rabies vaccination (at owners expense if pet is under the age of 16 weeks)
- 6 week trial of pet insurance
- Welcome package from Ren’s Pets Depot including a $25.00 gift card
- 7 day supply of food
- Some animals may receive more tests or treatment (this information will be outlined in the medical record you receive for your adopted pet)
- Fall in love with your potential match
- Review their profile
- Fill out adoption application
- Go home with your newly adopted pet, the same day!
Adoption applications can be downloaded, printed and filled out at home, however they must be submitted in person at the shelter. Please do not fax or email the applications, as they will not be accepted.
We accept cash, Interac, Visa or MasterCard but are unable to accept cheques.
If your new pet animal becomes sick or exhibits behavioural problems within the first fourteen (14) days following adoption, and you are not prepared to take responsibility for associated costs, you may return the animal to us for a refund of the adoption fee.
Please note that an appointment must be made with one of our Adoption Counsellors at 519-451-0630 ext. 233 or ext. 232 before bringing any animal to the shelter.
Surrender fees vary based on the animal.