Adopt a pet and bring a new best friend home
HSLM is closed to the public for adoptions. Emergency pet surrenders, please call: 519-451-0630 x232.
HSLM staff continue to maintain our shelter operations and provide care to the animals in our facility.
The HSLM website represents all pets available for adoption at the shelter.
- Cats and Kittens – $200*
- Senior Cats (+10 years) – $100*
- Dogs & Puppies – $400*
- Senior Dogs (+10 years) – $200*
*Includes a $50 non-refundable administration fee
- Rabbit – $50**
- Guinea Pig – $25**
- Hamster/Rat/Mouse – $25**
- Budgie – $25**
- Canary – $50**
- Cockatiel – $75**
**Includes a $15 non-refundable administration fee
Adoption fee of a cat or dog includes:
- Spay or neuter (depending on age)
- Flea treatment with revolution
- Initial vaccinations
- Initial de-worming
- Rabies vaccination (depending on age)
- 30 days of Pet Insurance (some exceptions)
- 7 day supply of food
- Any additional tests or treatments will be outlined in the medical record
- Fall in love with your potential match
- Review their profile
- Fill out adoption application
- Go home with your newly adopted pet, the same day!
Adoption applications can be downloaded, printed and filled out at home, however they must be submitted in person at the shelter. Please do not fax or email the applications, as they will not be accepted.
We accept cash, Interac, Visa or MasterCard but are unable to accept cheques.
If your new pet animal becomes sick or exhibits behavioural problems within the first fourteen (14) days following adoption, and you are not prepared to take responsibility for associated costs, you may return the animal to us for a refund of the adoption fee.
Please note that an appointment must be made with one of our Adoption Counsellors at 519-451-0630 ext. 233 or ext. 232 before bringing any animal to the shelter.
Surrender fees vary based on the animal.