About Fostering for HSLM
Most animals do much better in a home than in the shelter environment, and certain animals with medical and behavioural needs rely on the care that only a foster volunteer can give. You won’t be alone in caring for your foster animal. We provide all the food, supplies, medications and veterinary care the animal needs. The only cost to you is your time and sharing your home with a furry friend who needs your help!
Become a Foster Volunteer!
Ready to put your love into action?
1) Complete the HSLM Foster Volunteer Application below
2) Submit your veterinary records (if applicable) to the Animal Health Coordinator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are reviewed within 7 days. Selected applicants will be contacted for next steps.
For more information, please call: 519-451-0630 x227.
Foster Volunteer Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Show proof of spay or neuter and up-to-date vaccinations for current pets
- Have a separate room to isolate a foster animal
- Have time to care for foster animals
- Have access to a vehicle
- Provide a Police Record Check (additional information will be provided upon acceptance of foster volunteer application)
- Abide by the foster agreement signed upon joining the program
- Refrain from fostering animals from other organizations/rescues while fostering an HSLM animal(s)
- Understand that you will be eligible to apply to adopt foster pet(s) however there is no guarantee that you will be approved to adopt your foster pet(s)