Cuddly Critters Available For Adoption
HSLM pet adoptions, including dogs, cats and small animals, are by scheduled appointment only.
Pet surrenders, please call: 519-451-0630 x232.
The HSLM website represents all pets available for adoption at the shelter.
- Rabbit – $50*
- Guinea Pig – $25*
- Hamster/Rat/Mouse – $25*
- Budgie – $25*
- Canary – $50*
- Cockatiel – $75*
*Includes a $15 non-refundable administration fee
Adoption fee of a cat or dog includes:
- Spay or neuter (depending on age)
- Flea treatment with revolution
- Initial vaccinations
- Initial de-worming
- Rabies vaccination (depending on age)
- 30 days of Pet Insurance (some exceptions)
- 7 day supply of food
- Any additional tests or treatments will be outlined in the medical record
HSLM COVID-19 Adoption Protocol:
- Review animals available for adoption on our website www.hslm.ca
- Submit an online adoption application by clicking the “Interested in this animal? Click here!” button on the adoptable pet page on HSLM website.
- Upon review, our Adoption Councillor will contact the applicant. Please do not call into the shelter to follow-up or ask questions.
- After a phone interview, the Adoption Councillor will invite the potential adopter to meet the adoptable pet during a scheduled appointment. The actual process will be detailed in an email by the Adoption Councillor and sent to the potential adopter once a meeting time has been confirmed.
- Once the visit has been completed, the Adoption Councillor will then make a decision if they feel this will be a good fit for both the adoptable animal and the potential adopter. If the adoption is approved, the adoption fee transaction will be done by credit card only and the adopter will be able to take home the animal along with the HSLM Adoption Package.
HSLM reserves the right to change, alter or cancel this trial adoption protocol at anytime.
We accept Interac, Visa or MasterCard.
If your new pet animal becomes sick or exhibits behavioural problems within the first fourteen (14) days following adoption, and you are not prepared to take responsibility for associated costs, you may return the animal to us for a refund of the adoption fee.
Please note that an appointment must be made with one of our Adoption Counsellors at 519-451-0630 ext. 233 or ext. 232 before bringing any animal to the shelter.
Surrender fees vary based on the animal.