HSLM is a charitable organization whose mission is to lead London and Middlesex in building a humane and compassionate community for all animals. We improve the lives of animals in our community by providing shelter and appropriate new families.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate person to join our growing fund development team as Fund Development Coordinator reporting to the Director of Fund Development. This professional must have an excellent customer service approach, be adaptive and be motivated by programs that attract and retain donors and sponsors.
The ideal candidate must have relevant education and experience in marketing, sales or fundraising with a diversified portfolio. This is an exciting role for a professional with a passion for contributing to the goals of a growing community-based charitable organization.
Hours of work:
This is a full-time position working up to 44 hours weekly. Must be available to attend meetings and events during the evening and on weekends as needed.
- Provide outstanding customer service to community members including donors, sponsors and partners through various forms of communication.
- Responsible for gift processing of donations received, with the ability to maintain an excellent level of detail and accuracy.
- Assist in the growth and retention of donors; including acquiring new donors through outreach programs and implementing donor stewardship plans.
- Actively secure sponsors for HSLM sponsorship opportunities, and maintain relationships with current sponsors and partners.
- Support programming and related tasks throughout the Fund Development portfolio.
- Participate in various HSLM events, public relations and promotional activities.
- Be thoroughly familiar and ensure compliance with pertinent legislation, regulations, guidelines and HSLM policies.
- Additionally, all duties are as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in fundraising, sales, business, communications, marketing or related field.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Knowledge and experience of the charitable and not-for-profit sector.
- Comfortable presenting and speaking to the public.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for effective business correspondence.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to change using strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to have fun while working hard is a must.
A genuine affinity for animals and the benefits of animal adoption.
Essential duties and working conditions
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends as needed, occasionally with limited notice.
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
At HSLM, we appreciate that experience comes in many forms. If your experience is similar to what we are looking for, please consider applying.
Our team members are important to us. In exchange for your talent and expertise, HSLM provides a competitive compensation package including paid training, HSLM branded clothes, health benefits, an employee assistance program, life insurance, opportunities for professional development, regular team building, the opportunity to walk a dog or play with a cat on your lunch break, and a fun, supportive environment.
Location: 624 Clarke Rd., London, Ontario
Terms of Employment: Salaried position working up to 44 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Starting at $36,000
Humane Society London & Middlesex (HSLM) is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
HSLM is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes, and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise us in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter to the form below and answer all three questions before the deadline date of November 11, 2022. Please note, this is an open position, submissions are reviewed as they are received.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Given the volume of applications received, we will respond only to those candidates who are selected for interviews.
No drop-ins or phone calls please.