Thank you, we can’t do this without you!
HSLM has decided to limit our shelter operations amidst COVID-19.
We ask that our dedicated donors continue to support HSLM and the animals in which we care for by making financial donations online at www.hslm.ca and donate supplies through our Amazon.ca Wish List: https://amzn.to/38Z8HCi. Those who wish to donate high-priority items directly to the shelter, such as cleaning supplies, are asked to do so by leaving the products in the administration entrance.
We will always accept the following types of unopened ‘Royal Canin’, ‘Hill’s’ and ‘Purina Pro Plan/One’ pet foods:
- Kitten food (canned preferred)
- Adult cat food maintenance
- Puppy food (canned preferred)
- Adult dog food maintenance
Items we are accepting this week:
- Non-clumping cat litter
- Yesterday’s News cat litter
- Cleaning supplies (laundry detergent, bleach, paper towels, M & L rubber gloves)
- Feliway and Adaptil spray
- L or M vinyl, powder/nitrile free gloves
- Disposable face masks
- Timothy Hay
- Dog liver treats
- Large dog martingale collars
- Small animal bedding
- Small cat beds (new, unused only)
- Cat toys (new, unused only)
- Plastic double food bowls
- Pet heating pads
- Gift cards to any local business and Amazon.ca
- Office supplies (printer paper, postage stamps)
In an effort to achieve our ultimate goal, to prepare our pets for their forever home by providing the healthiest environment while they are with us, we are adopting a new approach to donations. This approach has proven successful in other communities with Humane Societies and is based on feedback from our donors that they would like more information about what the shelter needs.
In order to provide the healthiest meals and maximize our team's efforts to focus on the care of the animals, we are now providing a list of donations of things we will only accept. This list may change on a weekly basis, depending on our requirements based on our diverse occupancy.
Donations can be dropped off at 624 Clarke Road.
Weekdays: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm / Weekends: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm