Thank you, we can’t do this without you!
HSLM has decided to limit our shelter operations amidst COVID-19.
We ask that our dedicated donors continue to support HSLM and the animals in which we care for by making financial donations online at www.hslm.ca and donate supplies through our Amazon.ca Wish List: https://amzn.to/38Z8HCi. Those who wish to donate high-priority items directly to the shelter, such as cleaning supplies, are asked to do so by leaving the products in the administration entrance.
We will always accept the following types of unopened 'Royal Canin', 'Hill's' and 'Purina Pro Plan/One' pet foods:
- Kitten food (canned preferred)
- Adult cat food maintenance
- Puppy food (canned preferred)
- Adult dog food maintenance
Items we are accepting this week:
- Cleaning supplies (laundry detergent, bleach, paper towels, dish soap, M & L rubber gloves)
- L or M vinyl, powder/nitrile free gloves
- Disposable face masks
- Non-clumping cat litter
- ‘Yesterday’s News’ cat litter
- Towels and small fleece blankets
- Small cat beds (new, unused only)
- ‘Feliway’ cat calming spray
- 'Adaptil' dog calming spray
- Plastic double food & water bowl feeders
- Ceramic pet food/water bowls
- Large dog Kongs
- Gift cards to any local business and Amazon.ca
- Office supplies (printer paper, postage stamps, whiteout rollers)
In an effort to achieve our ultimate goal, to prepare our pets for their forever home by providing the healthiest environment while they are with us, we are adopting a new approach to donations. This approach has proven successful in other communities with Humane Societies and is based on feedback from our donors that they would like more information about what the shelter needs.
In order to provide the healthiest meals and maximize our team's efforts to focus on the care of the animals, we are now providing a list of donations of things we will only accept. This list may change on a weekly basis, depending on our requirements based on our diverse occupancy.
Donations can be dropped off at 624 Clarke Road.
Weekdays: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm / Weekends: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm