Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors of Humane Society London & Middlesex (HSLM).
HSLM is seeking four new Members to join the Board of Directors. Members will be asked to join the Board in 2019.
Candidates with previous Board experience at charitable/not-for-profit organizations are preferred; however individuals who meet some or all of the criteria indicated below are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be self-motivated and professional, and ideally have experience in one or more of the following areas: governance; management/strategic planning; evaluation/performance management; fundraising; government relations; finance/accounting; legal or regulatory; human resources or recruitment & retention; information technology; privacy/security; communications/marketing; veterinary or animal care, and specialized skills as needed.
Successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Please complete the form below to apply. You may also download a print copy and submit along with a copy of your resume to President of the Board and the Executive Director.
Please note that your resume must not exceed 4 pages in length.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: 5 p.m. EDT February 1, 2019
Once the interview process is complete, all who have applied will be contacted. We ask that you not contact HSLM and thank you in advance for your patience and interest.
Expectations of the successful candidate:
- Serve a minimum of one, two-year term to a maximum of two, two-year terms;
- Serve on at least one committee*;
- Charity of choice for philanthropic giving (Leadership level is $1000)
- Minimum of 4 hours a month in Board duties;
- Attendance at 11 (approx) Board meetings during the year;
- Willingness to share your time, talent and treasure;
- Attendance at key HSLM events
- Promotion of HSLM at industry and charity events in the city as needed.
*The Board is comprised of the Executive Committee and non-Executive with members taking on responsibilities as needed. Other ad hoc committees may be formed as required and most committees hold regular meetings.