HSLM is a charitable organization whose mission is to lead London and Middlesex in building a humane and compassionate community for all animals. We improve the lives of animals in our community by providing shelter and appropriate new families.
We Are Seeking
A high-energy, passionate individual who enjoys supporting and planning events and understands the value of volunteers. Reporting to the Fund Development Manager, the Events and Volunteer Coordinator role is instrumental in helping to achieve the annual fundraising targets at HSLM. Tasks include planning and executing HSLM Signature Events, supporting community Third-Party Events; managing volunteer database, recruit, onboard and support our team of varied and dedicated volunteers; and develop and manage HSLM retail and e-commerce program. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be strong at developing relationships, have proven project management skills and be adaptable in a fast-paced environment. At HSLM, our team members work to uphold the highest standards, and as a team, we strive to exceed expectations.
The ideal candidate must have relevant education and at least two years of experience managing events and/or volunteers. Retail and e-commerce experience is an asset. This is an exciting role for a professional with a passion for contributing to the goals of an established community-based charitable organization.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position working up to 44 hours weekly. Must be available to attend meetings and events during the evening and on weekends as needed.
- A degree or diploma in a related field or commensurate experience.
- 2-4 years of experience managing events and/or volunteers.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to influence and/or motivate others with diplomacy and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated group facilitation and leadership skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Google GSuite.
- Experience with Volgistics or other volunteer management database (CRM) is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Retail software, Point-of-Sale system or e-commerce software experience is an asset.
- Retail management and/or sales experience is an asset.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-tasking, prioritize and adapt to change using strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- A genuine affinity for animals and the benefits of animal adoption.
Essential Duties and Working Conditions
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends as needed, occasionally with limited notice.
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to work around all species of animals safely.
At HSLM, we appreciate that experience comes in many forms. If your experience is similar to what we are looking for, please consider applying.
Our team members are essential to us. In exchange for your talent and expertise, HSLM provides a competitive compensation package. Paid training, HSLM branded clothes, health benefits, an employee assistance program, life insurance, opportunities for professional development, regular team building, the opportunity to walk a dog or play with a cat on your lunch break, and a fun, supportive environment.
Location: 624 Clarke Rd., London, Ontario.
Terms of Employment: Salaried position working up to 44 hours per week.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Determined based on experience.
Humane Society London & Middlesex (HSLM) is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
HSLM is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes, and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise us in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Given the volume of applications received, we will respond only to those candidates who are selected for interviews.
No drop-ins or phone calls please.
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover letter to the form below and answer all three questions.