HSLM is a charitable organization whose mission is to lead London and Middlesex in building a humane and compassionate community for all animals. We improve the lives of animals in our community by providing shelter and appropriate new families.
What we’re looking for
We are currently looking for a motivated and motivating person to join our team as Associate Director of Development reporting to our Executive Director (ED). The Associate Director of Development will be an innovative professional with a proven track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts, who is able to coach and develop team members to exceed targets. At HSLM our team members are challenged to uphold the highest standards and as a team we strive to exceed all expectations
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with HSLM donors, partners, and prospects working collaboratively with all members of the HSLM team to facilitate maximum philanthropic support
- Develop, implement, and evaluate HSLM’s diversified fund development strategies for identifying, assessing, cultivating, and soliciting gifts from individuals, corporations, industry partners, and event organizers to meet objectives.
- Manage and coordinate fund development resources including staff and volunteers
- Prepare and deliver dynamic and persuasive presentations to key stakeholders and team members
- Develop and document departmental policies and procedures
- Along with ED develop annual operating budgets
- Provide regular activity reports as required to ED and other team members as appropriate
- Act as an HSLM ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the organization at all times and promoting a positive and professional work environment
- Successful completion of post-secondary education with a degree in fundraising or business
- 2+ years of fundraising experience or equivalent transferable sales experience with proven results
- 3 years of innovative people management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong relationship-building, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven project management experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Google GSuite. Good working knowledge of DonorPerfect or other donor management databases is an asset
- The ability to have fun while working hard is a must
- A genuine affinity for animals and the benefits of animal adoption
Essential duties and working conditions
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends as needed, occasionally with limited notice
- Employment is conditional upon maintaining a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Employment is conditional upon the ability to
work around all species of animals safely
At HSLM we appreciate that experience comes in many forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Our team members are important to us. In exchange for your talent and expertise, HSLM provides a competitive compensation package including: paid training, HSLM branded clothes, health benefits, an employee assistance program, life insurance, opportunities for professional development, regular team building, the opportunity to walk a dog or play with a cat on your lunch break, and a fun, supportive environment.
Location: 624 Clarke
Rd., London, Ontario
Terms of Employment: Salaried position working 37.5-44 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Determined based on experience.
Humane Society London & Middlesex (HSLM) is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
HSLM is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes, and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise us in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Given the volume of applications received, we will respond only to those candidates who are selected for interviews.
No drop-ins or phone calls please.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to Sheila Harrison, Director of Operations, SHarrison@HSLM.ca