HSLM is a charitable organization whose mission is to lead London and Middlesex in building a humane and compassionate community for all animals. We improve the lives of animals in our community by providing shelter and appropriate new families.
What we’re looking for:
We are currently hiring for people to join our team as an Animal Care Attendant (ACA) who will be responsible for daily animal care, infection control and bio security. At HSLM our team members are challenged to uphold the highest standards and as a team we strive to exceed all expectations
Duties & Responsibilities:
ACA’s are responsible for maintaining effective animal care protocol and procedures for the animals housed within the shelter. Essential functions include:
• General cleaning and disinfecting of premises and equipment
• Animal nutrition and feeding
• Monitoring individual animal health and enrichment
• Accurate records management
• Ensure infection control procedures are followed
• Laundry and dish washing duties
• Providing excellent customer service to the public and all team members
• The ability to have fun while working hard is a must
• A genuine connection with animals
• Certificate as Animal Care Attendant or good working knowledge of animal welfare practices is preferred
• Able to lift 50 pounds, bend and crouch
• Must be self-motivated with a high energy level
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve are required
• The ability to work within a team environment and take direction well
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Read, write and speak English fluently
• Must be comfortable with dogs, cats, rabbits and other small animals
• Must be available to work varying shifts including weekends and holidays
At HSLM we appreciate that experience comes in many forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Our team members are important to us. In exchange for your talent and expertise, HSLM provides a competitive compensation package including: paid training, a uniform allowance, HSLM branded clothes, health benefits, an employee assistance program, life insurance, opportunities for professional development, regular team building, the opportunity to walk a dog or play with a cat on your lunch break, and a fun, supportive environment.
Location: 624 Clarke Rd., London, Ontario
Terms of Employment: Part time 22.5 hours per week to start. Shifts include weekends and holidays
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Hourly Rate: 14.50 to start
Are you a positive person looking for a career helping animals?
Please forward your resume and cover letter before August 30, 2019 to:
Sheila Harrison – Operations Director – Sharrison@HSLM.ca
Humane Society London & Middlesex (HSLM) is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
HSLM is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes, and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise us in a timely fashion of any accommodation measure which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Given the volume of applications received, we will respond only to those candidates who are selected for interviews.
No drop-ins or phone calls please.